Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would Simple solutions be okay for a 10 month old active beagle? We ditched the puppy formula when she was 7 months so she's been on adult foods for last 3 months, we had a rotation of Canidae,Natural Balance, and Wellness. She has itchy dry skin on so far all foods except Natural Balance but she doens't like it. I want to see if this food will help her a little, would it be okay for an active puppy?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that would be okay, just make sure you transition slowly.
Thanks!AShoudn't be a problem she's never had a problem transistioning. I was just worried about the meat content. It's lower than what she's used to, but then again she did fine on Natural Balance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Would Simple solutions be okay for a 10 month old active beagle? We ditched the puppy formula when she was 7 months so she's been on adult foods for last 3 months, we had a rotation of Canidae,Natural Balance, and Wellness. She has itchy dry skin on so far all foods except Natural Balance but she doens't like it. I want to see if this food will help her a little, would it be okay for an active puppy?
Unless you have to feed a LID(limited ingredient diet) you shouldn't. She's "bored" because it's bland. Being that she is active, you would want to allow her to have a protein level of at least 24%. The dry skin is probably caused by the lack of consistency in her diet. If she's only ten months old and she's been through that many food changes, than it is no wonder her body isn't responding to the benefits each one of those foods offer.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you have to feed a LID(limited ingredient diet) you shouldn't. She's "bored" because it's bland. Being that she is active, you would want to allow her to have a protein level of at least 24%. The dry skin is probably caused by the lack of consistency in her diet. If she's only ten months old and she's been through that many food changes, than it is no wonder her body isn't responding to the benefits each one of those foods offer.
We fed both the Ultra Premium and LID the one with venison She wouldn't even touch the Ultra Premium after a few days so we discontinued it. Her coat looked great on LID but she didn't like it so that was a no go.Her skin has always been flaky and even on LID it was on and off it may not be food related. I was also worried about the protein level but I was thinking I could supplement with alot of meat or a meaty canned food if it helped her skin or even go kibble in the morning and raw at night.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I don't think Simple Solutions would cause problems for a Beagle that age, no. Having said that, I would advise you to find something that works and stick with it. Don't switch around so often. You need to stick with one brand of food for at least two months before expecting to see any results. If you want to rotate, rotate three or four foods over the course of a year.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think Simple Solutions would cause problems for a Beagle that age, no. Having said that, I would advise you to find something that works and stick with it. Don't switch around so often. You need to stick with one brand of food for at least two months before expecting to see any results. If you want to rotate, rotate three or four foods over the course of a year.
I was thinking about expanding the time between roatations and staying on a food for awhile and seeing what that does. I guess we'll try it and see what happens after a few months on simple solutions. Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was thinking about expanding the time between roatations and staying on a food for awhile and seeing what that does. I guess we'll try it and see what happens after a few months on simple solutions. Thanks!
Email or call Wellness and they'll send you a $5.00 off coupon for any Wellness product over $5.00.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts