Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
I don't really know, but maybe some people don't like to clip their leash to the same ring the tags are hung from?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here's what I found on it:

LATIGO LEATHER CENTER RING HUNTING DOG COLLAR: Designed for safety! A center ring hunting dog collar is a designed to roll and give a dog a better chance to escape if the collar were to become tangled in brush or fence. A rugged leather collar for active dogs. Latigo leather, because of its strength, durability and beauty, is commonly used to make horse bridles and reins, but we like it because it is long-lasting, practical, and made for a hard working dog like yours.(For proper dog collar sizing, please reference the guidelines below.

Editor's note: I personally like the center "O" ring, not for hunting, but because it makes clipping a leash or tie-out on and off quick and easy - no more reaching around the front of the dog to grab the d-ring!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I actually want a collar with the ring on the back....twice now I've been brain-dead and taking the dog out and instead of clipping the ring on the collar I clipped the ring that her tags were on....SPROING! It took a while to find them again in the grass, but only after frantically running after an exuberant pup who was basking in the freedom!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I knew someone here would be better than Google!

ROFL Greater Swiss!! A run away dog isn't funny but the way you explained it sure made me laugh. :p

·
Registered
463 Posts
Good grief don't pay $20.99 for that thing!!! Go to a feed store or tractor supply and get the same thing for much much less!!!!

We have them for our girls (when they do wear collars) and it does make it much easier to hook a leash onto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts