Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The maximum allowed signature size was expanded in the most recent update of the forum rules, and we have been rather lax in enforcing even those limits.

This is what 600 x 240 pixels looks like. I think this is obscenely huge, but it meets the restrictions according to the rules. Many of the signatures currently in use are much larger and they will start disappearing.

In terms of physical measurements (inches or centimeters) the actual size will vary according to your monitor size and screen resolution. But if you put a piece of tracing paper over the image below and then compare it with yours, you will know immediately if your signature is endangered.

If you have multiple images, or images with text, the total size of your signature cannot exceed that of the image below.

Please don't post here or PM the moderators and ask if your signature is too big. Get out that paper, draw a line over the image below and see if your own signature fits inside it. If it doesn't, scale it down or kiss it goodbye.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I upload my sig pic, it tells me that the max size is 500x100 and automatically squishes it down. How do I upload a 600x240 sig?

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're seeing a lot of oversize signatures lately, including some that are truly gargantuan.

If it's a tiny bit or a lot bigger than the first sample in my opening post on this thread, it is too big and it will disappear.

·
Banned
428 Posts
How can a create one with like 5 pictures? I tried using photobucket, but apparently i'm not smart enough to do that and I tried using paint.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's truly not necessary to make a new post to test your signatures.

Shortly after you add or modify a signature, it will update every post you have on the forum. There is a delay - possibly depending on the number of posts you have - but it will update.

Without actually going through the process, I'm not sure how you combine multiple images into one using photo editing software. I was lucky. I have two dogs who are rarely apart, so I just took a picture of the two of them together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.