Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for some help, Ive been playing around with my signature since last night and I just cant figure out how to make it larger.

Any tips appreciated!

·
Administrator
4,780 Posts
That's because there is a tool in place to resize images to prevent them from exceeding the size limits.

If you attach you image by using an external hosting site (tinypic, imgur, etc), you can get around this.

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Keep in mind that forum rules say: Signature size limit is 600 pixels wide x 240 pixels tall.

This means that square or vertical signatures can easily exceed that size (and risk being deleted by moderators) while still appearing to be quite small.

I HIGHLY recommend designing your signature as a horizontal banner to utilize the available space.

This is what a 600x204 signature looks like. (it's a bit below the maximum height allowed.) The actual physical size is dependent on your monitor but if you measure the signature below and compare it with yours, you'll have a pretty good idea what's acceptable.

Moderators have been a bit casual about enforcing signature sizes, but that could change at any time. The are some truly gigantic signatures on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts