Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is my sable GSD. The past 2 years shes been having joint problems left and right. Shes been to the vet several times with each flare up she has. What I mean by flare up is she gets this horrible swelling around her joints. The first two flare ups were on her front leg where her elbow was and it was terribly painful. We got a dianoses on that shes in the early stages of elbow dysplasia. As long as she's not out in the cold for prolonged periods of time it doesnt flare up as bad. Well here we go again on the same back leg on her right back leg shes starting to limp again. I took her to the vet spent 700 dollars with x-rays and blood panels. Nothing. Ok they gave her anti-flammatory meds. I called the vet yesterday and she said to come in for more x-rays and there is no way I can foot anthor 700 dollar bill when they found absolutely zip last time. I asked if they could give her more meds they said no not without x-rays. They checked her hips no signs of nothing no tears or anything. Or any thing to show early hip dysplasia.

Have anyone had any problems similiar to this? I am giving her baby tylenol as the vet suggested if shes bein restless or acts like shes in pain. Im thinking on switching vets cause this one im using is jacking his prices up every time I turn around. I cant tell if its her foot or her hip. Shes been limping on it the past 3 days. Have any of you had this kind of problems like this what did you do? I hate to go thru anthor 700 dollar workup and the vet comes back and says well i dunno. Thats ridicilous. I wonder sometimes if he does that just to git extra bucks.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
IANAV, but I've always heard Tylenol is a definite no-no for dogs. If aspirin causes stomach upset, there are more appropriate analgesics for dogs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IANAV, but I've always heard Tylenol is a definite no-no for dogs. If aspirin causes stomach upset, there are more appropriate analgesics for dogs.
IANAV? Whats that? The infants tylenol is what the vet told me to give her for pain I only give it to her when shes restless or when she seems to be hurting.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
If it were me I would ask for all medical records and x-rays and seek a second opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts