Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a Yorkie-Poo last Thursday and while she is adorable she was having some poopy issues. She would squat for a long time and the poo would just get stuck on her back end. Then On Friday we took her to the vet and they did and xray and said she has a lot of poop in her butt and so they did an enema. Her little hole was very red and swollen, I think from being so impacted. Now she is going but she is getting it stuck on her back end all the time and it is almost like she cannot cut it off (if that makes sense), her hole is not all the way closed still. Has anyone had this problem before? If so does it eventually get better? I need help, I have taken her to the vet and they are not sure if it will. So my next best bet would be other dog lovers out there. Help me please I dont' want to have to give her back. I love her, oh by the way her name is Leia and she is 9 weeks old!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
1. Pour a little warm water and a teaspoon of olive oil over her food to get some liquids and lubrication into her. :)
2. If she will eat some canned pumpkin (NOT pie filling) and carrots or apples, give some to her. About a teaspoon each.
3. Take her for walks around the yard. Get her some exercise.
4. Give her a few tablespoons of warm milk.
5. Check the fiber on her food. It should be about 4 or 5 % fiber.

Hope that helps. Poor little thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts