Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :wave:

My puppy has been acting strange lately (since Monday when my other puppy died), and I just want to know if she is sick or just depressed/sad. And if she is depressed/sad how can I make her happy?

Symptoms/ Observations:
  • She goes around the house sniffing like if she is searching for something and if not she's following me.
  • She wants to be in my arms and when she's in my arms she falls asleep.
  • Every time she sleeps, she has small tremors on her back legs and ears (I don't know if this is normal because it's the first time she falls asleep in my arms. Also she groans when I wake her up).
  • She's not as energetic as she used to be and is taking lots of naps during the day.
  • She doesn't want to eat and drinks small amounts of water during the day.
  • Her ears, nose, and paws are cold.
  • When she finally ate, she vomited her food in whole chunks.
  • She has diarrhea, but is thick (previously, she has had roundworms).
  • She doesn't want to be locked alone in the porch, but she goes and stays there sometimes (when she's not following me).
  • I've checked her heart and breathing rates and they are normal. I've also checked her gums, tongue, etc. (whole mouth) and they are pink.
Other Info:
  • She has never been alone because she was always with the other puppy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,186 Posts
Take her to the vet. Vomiting and diarrhea are not symptoms of sadness.

What did the other puppy die of?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,765 Posts
How do you know if this puppy got into the rat poison, too? You'd better get her in to see the vet as soon as you can. Depending what kind of poison it was (bring the box if possible), there are treatment options, but they have tto be started fairly quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
She might be sad but it is really important you take her to the vet. Like willowy said, you don't know if this puppy got into the rat poison and it is important that she gets seen and treated as soon as possible. After your vet treats her, make sure you keep her engage and give her lots of love. Take her out on walks (how old is she?) and keep her exercising. Dogs really do feel the loss of companion animals but with a little support she will get over it within a few days. Do this after taking her to the vet, though! Rat poison can be a serious thing.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top