Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Take the whole freaking litter to the vet NOW. "Can't take him to the vet"? Did you not plan to have any vet care for these pups? Parvo is a major possibility but it doesn't matter what could be the problem since there obviously is a very serious medical issue or multiple issues happening.

Get the dogs to a vet. Let a vet handle it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
There is ONLY one answer to any of your questions...take them to the vet now! Nothing anyone on the Internet can do or say will help you with theses issues.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Really? Deliberately breed giant breeds (and I don't care if it was actually an accident; having an unspayed female of breeding age means you deliberately accept the possibility of puppies) and then throw them outside because they got too big, AND then refuse to take them to the vet? Great. I hope you give all the pups away free and don't profit at all on this litter.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my lord, really people, this is how you respond to someone who is just simply trying to find some help? In response to the very helpful wtf comment which is very considerate and cute-I'm not stupid. These puppies have been well cared for. I have a vet. It's memorial day stupid. No one is open. They have had their vaccinations. I got these Great Danes and was told that the female was spayed, she wasn't, obviously. They were not deliberately bred-I was misled and misinformed. I did accept responsibility for them, and they were not thrown outside, nor am I refusing to take them to the vet, I CAN'T. Also, not that you're listening to this at this point because you've now realized your own ignorance, I did not breed them for profit. I actually rescue animals on a regular basis, volunteer for local spay and neuter clinics in our area, and donate on a regular basis to the shelters. You people are so ignorant always jumping to conclusions, I will go find my help elsewhere, and you will someday be judged accordingly. Thank you for your time, consideration, and insults. Happy Memorial Day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh my lord, really people, this is how you respond to someone who is just simply trying to find some help? In response to the very helpful wtf comment which is very considerate and cute-I'm not stupid. These puppies have been well cared for. I have a vet. It's memorial day stupid. No one is open. They have had their vaccinations. I got these Great Danes and was told that the female was spayed, she wasn't, obviously. They were not deliberately bred-I was misled and misinformed. I did accept responsibility for them, and they were not thrown outside, nor am I refusing to take them to the vet, I CAN'T. Also, not that you're listening to this at this point because you've now realized your own ignorance, I did not breed them for profit. I actually rescue animals on a regular basis, volunteer for local spay and neuter clinics in our area, and donate on a regular basis to the shelters. You people are so ignorant always jumping to conclusions, I will go find my help elsewhere, and you will someday be judged accordingly. Thank you for your time, consideration, and insults. Happy Memorial Day.
If you volunteer for local spay and neuter clinics, why was your male dog not fixed? You've had him since January, right? Saying you thought the female was spayed is no excuse.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Emergency vets are open on holidays.

If for some strange reason you don't have E-vets in your area, there should be someone open at 8 am tomorrow morning. In which case, I highly suggest having the puppies there at the vet's doorstep when they open tomorrow.

They cannot possibly have had all their shots at 8 weeks old so Parvo is a real risk. If it is parvo, it could quickly kill the entire litter.

Once you noticed the mother was pregnant, preparing for things like having the contact numbers for e-vets is needed. Being surprised at how large Great Dane puppies get and then putting them outside because of it does make you sound lackadaisical in their care. No matter how large they are, they are still very young puppies. No jumping to conclusions other than the "conclusion" that those symptoms could be deadly in puppies and that VET care is needed, not internet advice.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Get your backside off the computer and get the pups to the E vet! Pretty simple. Oh and don't let the door hit ya...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.