Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she won't drink water on her own unless its water that i used from the cream of wheat for her bland diet how can encourage her to drink some

·
Registered
85 Posts
My dogs will eat ice that has been crushed by the ice dispenser. My sister buys ice from Sonic when her dog is sick (she's slightly spoiled). I guess they like the different texture and the coolness.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where is the ice cream man when you need them they give me one free crushed cup of ice for my dogs and i buy some snow cones for us humans sometimes i do give them a little of it

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Try some chicken broth. You can get cans of it that are low sodium. Add a little to tepid water.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't know why your dog is on a bland diet but depending on her condition, even low sodium may not be an option. I have two dogs who don't drink enough and I have two dogs with CHF who don't eat well sometimes and any added sodium is out of the question for them. I boil boneless, skinless chicken breasts and use the broth from those to add to their water as well as pour over their food. I refrigerate the broth first so that any residual fat will congeal at the top and can be removed easily. I usually make enough for a week. It works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts