Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, instead of you know, the basic tricks, this is what my SO trains our dog to do while he's working from home...

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
That's awesome! Really nice!

If I remember right, a member here was trying to train her dog to do that, but she couldn't get past him puncturing the can whenever he picked it up. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He apparently froze cans with water in them first. She did bust one, but that has been it Every once in a while now, we'll be sitting in the living room and she'll come trotting over to deliver a beer without being asked. He's trying to teach her now to leave the belt alone when not asked. When she is really excited about doing it right a couple times, she tries to do it over and over again.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
He apparently froze cans with water in them first. She did bust one, but that has been it Every once in a while now, we'll be sitting in the living room and she'll come trotting over to deliver a beer without being asked. He's trying to teach her now to leave the belt alone when not asked. When she is really excited about doing it right a couple times, she tries to do it over and over again.
Haha. "I think you guys need another beer! I will get you one!"

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'm now trying to imagine explaining alcoholism to a dog, lol.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
That is delightful! Thanks for sharing!

If I remember right, a member here was trying to train her dog to do that, but she couldn't get past him puncturing the can whenever he picked it up. lol
That would be me. I haven't revisited this trick since because all the fridges I've lived with since have doors opening into narrow, inefficient kitchen spaces. So the angle from which my dog would have to pull would yank the handle off (I've tried, the handle was visibly separating from the fridge... Soro likes tug :)) before effectively opening the fridge. ::Sigh:: maybe in another house...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts