Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My friend and I made Hammie a new reversible winter coat today! It's fleece on one side and flannel on the other; nice and toasty! He's been shivering outside in the snow (but sometimes wants to jump around in it anyway), so hopefully this will help!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
We never did end up getting Livia a Chilly Dogs coat.. (can't remember the brand off hand) but it suits her and keeps her warm (and doesn't keep her from having fun!)

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Downtown romp a few weeks ago. Still waiting to get him some boots for the snow!
Very handsome! My friend bought Hamilton some boots, but they were too big, and the pet store didn't have a smaller size! (She exchanged them for a bunch of toys instead. She spoils him silly!)

·
Banned
7,725 Posts
Very handsome! My friend bought Hamilton some boots, but they were too big, and the pet store didn't have a smaller size! (She exchanged them for a bunch of toys instead. She spoils him silly!)
I will surely need to try them on before I buy; Just waiting until he NEEDS them (too much snow for him to function!) to buy them, because money's tight right now. There are a few stores around that carry a few different brand boots, so we need to go try them out. If they don't work, they are definitely getting returned! Haha. The dogs already got their christmas presents, they won't need any more for a few months.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Mumble was shivering for the first time the other night (last winter was very mild). So I tried looking for a coat for him. But he's kind of a weird shape, so it's hard to find one that fits.

Also, it seems like most dog coats completely ignore the type of equipment that boy dogs have. I would finally find one that fit, and I would check out his undercarriage to realize that he would pee all over it. -_- I'm mostly looking at horse-blanket types, and the belly strap always lands immediately in the line of fire. What is the deal?

Now I'm trying to find some sewing patterns. :b

·
Registered
507 Posts
Kenda is a nudist; she doesn't like to wear anything but sometimes it's necessary. We spend a lot of time in the backcountry, hiking, trail running, backpacking and generally hooning around.

1. Hunting Season: this outfit says "O HAI I'M NOT A DEER" like none other

2. Will we be spending all day in the cold & damp on one of my harebrained plans to connect Trail A with Creek B? Here Kenda models a Columbia softshell jacket in electric blue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mumble was shivering for the first time the other night (last winter was very mild). So I tried looking for a coat for him. But he's kind of a weird shape, so it's hard to find one that fits.

Also, it seems like most dog coats completely ignore the type of equipment that boy dogs have. I would finally find one that fit, and I would check out his undercarriage to realize that he would pee all over it. -_- I'm mostly looking at horse-blanket types, and the belly strap always lands immediately in the line of fire. What is the deal?

When i get the sweaters with like the velcro or buttons and it completely covers their belly underneath i take up the last button or velcro patch or whatever and hem it up out of way underneath. They really should take that into account though, it would save us consumers so much time!

I got my dog booties finally after Christmas. Now it hasnt snowed here since. Once it finally does i will have pics of him ready to use them!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts

That's why I got the fleece. The front ends at the ribs and then curves up to the back which ends at his tail. This design leaves plenty of room for his "equipment". His raincoat had a strap that was right in front of his penis, so he peed on it every single time. I threw it away.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Our indoor winterwear. AKA Ewok-Garp.

I see your Ewok and raise you a wooly caterpillar.
=

And Sydney's outside outfit. It soothes the redneck in me lol

·
Registered
11,253 Posts

Chester and his Ruffwear coat which he only wears when the weather is absolutely miserable like sleeting and windy. He loves the cold so long as its sunny and dry and he can keep moving.

And foster Frankie's idea of good winter wear...

41 - 59 of 59 Posts