Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks. Yep theyre totally illegal in Maryland. I'm a little down south from you, I'm in the va. beach area ;)
So just wondering... you said the Fox was raised by Max? How did you get Max, and subsequently the Fox? (I really want to see more pictures of those two playing with your others... they are all absolutely incredible)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I worked with Wolfdog Rescue Resources and was sent up to Madison Virginia to pull Max from a shelter there. I was supposed to just foster him, but I failed fostering 101 miserably. After only a week he had us hooked and decided to be his forever home.

Now the fox story. My husband is a government contractor and travels alot, he was down in Florida at a shipyard and one of his co-workers came to him and told him about a local guy that was breeding foxes and that he had gotten stuck with two babies and if no one would take them that he was going to kill the babies, so the two of them went and picked the babies up.
Over night i put the fox baby in a wire crate, when i got up in the morning, there was no fox in the crate. She had jumped up in down in it till the plastic pan on the bottom slid out and left the opening for the pan and was able to squeeze out threw there, I found her cuddled with Max in the living room.
If you look closely at this pic you can actually see her cuddeled with him as a baby

Max just adores babies and is really good with them. The next pics is of a puppy i went and picked up in Md. A puppy miller was shut down there, because theyre illegal and this was one of the babies. As you see she was a older baby and the breeder had never handled her, she was terrified of people and of animals but Max got her to come around to him. We ended up flying her to her new home about a week after that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to see the mixed breeds out there that are known mixes. We get lots of breed guesses but sometimes its fun to see the mixes that are already known. I'm not talking about the dog that the shelter says is a shepherd lab cross or whatever but the ones that you know for sure whats in them. I think its interesting to see what traits show up in mixed breeds. I have some pictures to share but my computer isnt working right now so you guys will have to share first so lets see em!
Hi,
We rescued our little girl in 2012, and the prevailing opinion was that she was a basenji/pit bull mix (because she howls & has the color/patterns of a "red" basenji, and because she has that wide pitbull grin & forehead stripe). Well, we got her DNA tested, and what a random surprise! It turns out she is 1/3 bulldog, 1/3 staffordshire terrier, and the third third is half chihuahua, quarter pomeranian, and quarter shitzu. She is so beautiful and truly one of a kind (unless she has siblings somewhere).
Hope this helps! :))

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi,
We rescued our little girl in 2012, and the prevailing opinion was that she was a basenji/pit bull mix (because she howls & has the color/patterns of a "red" basenji, and because she has that wide pitbull grin & forehead stripe). Well, we got her DNA tested, and what a random surprise! It turns out she is 1/3 bulldog, 1/3 staffordshire terrier, and the third third is half chihuahua, quarter pomeranian, and quarter shitzu. She is so beautiful and truly one of a kind (unless she has siblings somewhere).
Hope this helps! :))
Hi this is a really old thread.. Why not start a new one for yourself and your beautiful dog in the introductions..

41 - 45 of 45 Posts