Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see the mixed breeds out there that are known mixes. We get lots of breed guesses but sometimes its fun to see the mixes that are already known. I'm not talking about the dog that the shelter says is a shepherd lab cross or whatever but the ones that you know for sure whats in them. I think its interesting to see what traits show up in mixed breeds. I have some pictures to share but my computer isnt working right now so you guys will have to share first so lets see em!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Here one of my boys!

Are we having people guess what mixes they are?

Abe is Australian shepherd dog x Leopard dog.
His temperament is very much like the other Australian shepherd i have owned just on overdrive.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Heres Nellie:

Nellie is a cross of Yellow Labrador, Shar pei, and Pit Bull. Her mother was a big wrinkly as ever shar pei X pit and her father was SAID to be lab and rottie but there was definitely no rottie in him, he just looked like your everyday yellow labrador.

and Aija:

Aija is a Pit Bull X American Bulldog

·
Registered
954 Posts
Here's Jame: his mom was an Aussie and dad was 1/2 Aussie, 1/2 GSD. He has a 100% Aussie temperment. Honestly, his GSD side is so tiny I think it stops at the fact that he is brown/black. he loves to learn, is quite territorial, somewhat DA (wasn't properly socialized before I got him at 1 1/2 yrs old) and is very, very bright.
He's my doggie soul-mate. As much as I love my other 2, he is so special because of all the work we did together to get him to the point he is now. There's still a bit to work on, but we are getting there.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Nealy is a Yorkie Pappion Mix.
She has the personality of a Cat. A very hyper cat. On Speed... with mountain climbing experience...

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is Prophet...although we rescued him as a stray, we are 99% sure he is a German Shepherd/Great Dane mix. He may have the markings of a GSD, but his personality is Great Dane for sure! =)
Here's a pic from the day he found us:

One year later at 1y5m:

This summer at 4y8m:

Love, love, love him!!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for sharing!

My own mixed breed dogs I don't know for sure what all is in them just guesses so I will post some of dogs I know.

This one is a greyhound/husky mix. He's a pretty good mix of the two temperament wise. Lazy couch potato when he's indoors, strong prey drive, can run for long periods of time. He's an old man now

Jare- Aija reminds me a lot of a puppy I watched this summer. They dont no what he is but I was thinking american bulldog mix

This guys mom was a lab and dad was a rotti

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Nealy is a Yorkie Pappion Mix.
She has the personality of a Cat. A very hyper cat. On Speed... with mountain climbing experience...
Haha sounds like she got the pap personality. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts

My grandmother's dog, Dozer - Shih tzu/Pug mix. I saw him last week, and he's gotten his summer haircut, so now he's looking more Puggish than this picture.

My mother's dog Sydney - My husband is convinced she's a lab/pug mix, so that's what we're going with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is Roscoe!
His mother is a basset hound/sharpei and his dad is a lab/rhodesian ridgeback.
He gets his looks from the lab side but has a long body and short stubby legs.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts