Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Training can do a lot..
But, I rescued a dog that was said to pee on everything he never did it here. The lady told me she couldnt cope with having to mop her kitchen every morning. We never restrict our dogs they have free run of the house so I placed a little trust in Remy and he never let me down..

George was desctructive or so I was told and in the first week he did destroy my OH glasses and got into my laundry basket.. But since then since he has learned our routine and knows he will be walked and fed hes never chewed anything.

Sometimes the situation the dog is in or the boredom they suffer can cause bad behaviour.. Stop the boredom or bullying and the behaviour stops too..

·
Registered
410 Posts
this is good news its all positive news to us so thank you its telling me to take the doggy 7 pounds of fun and he may not do it pee that is when he isn't with another dog .;) oh also my-niece says this dog likes to sleep in bed with her so If we placed his own bed on the floor in the bedroom would that help or in another room with the bedroom door shut ?
I always have my dogs upstairs with me. Not on my bed but near enough that they feel secure and loved..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Buy a cheap waterproof sheet if youre really worried about him peeing the bed..
It does take a while to get used to a new dog of any kind you have to learn their language the motions they use for telling you they are unwell need to go out ect.. So the advice to treat him as a puppy and allow him outside often praising like mad and getting that routine established is good advice..

Accidents will happen but it shouldnt be a deal breaker. Objects can always be replaced a life cant..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts