Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl Heidi a GSD has really long nails, we rescued her in November and i've been clipping her nails usually once or so a month and her previous owners never really cut her nails I guess so the quick is really close to the tip of the nail and I cannot cut them to a decent length.

So im asking if you think I should take her to the vet and have then cut them short and into the qwik? As they dont seem to bug her but her nails just seem to long to keep the qwik where it is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They all hate it lol but Heidi is kind of getting use to it, as I always coax her with a treat after clipping each nail, I have noticed if im calm shes a little better lol clipping nails always use to make me nervous but i've gotten kind of use to it now.

I was using the guilotine (spelling?) for her nails but those sucked so I have moved to the scissor style clippers and they work so much better for me and her.

And her nails tend to grow really slow, but the previous owners just never cut them so they were pretty long. I would say right now after i have clipped them they are maybe this long

|---|

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.