Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm sure i already know the answer but i wanted to double check as i have never taken care of a small breed before.

i'm currently trying to toilet train my pup, i've been picking her up and rushing her outside before she has chance to eliminate inside. My problem is its now absolutley pouring it down outside. Ive just taken her out to toilet she did her business so i brought her in. Ive turned the heating up a little and give her a towel dry and cuddles, she now playing on the floor with a mini tennis ball.

She was shivering whilst outside and for a little inside too, i just wanted to know if i'm doing the right thing by making her go outside.

I supppose i'm just feeling a little sorry for her! lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
1st you had a success and her shivering gave you a chance to feel good about the towel drying experience, that all dogs seems to enjoy. But in general do not let emotion and social needs get in the path of doing what is right and necessary when giving guidance to your dog.

Those shared experiences provide a powerful foundation for a great relationship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts