Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Is she showing any health problems? Any signs of pain, limping, general exhaustion, changes in eating/pooping or drinking/peeing? Does she have hip dysplasia or some other health condition? If not, I doubt 2 hours a week for a young golden is going to cause problems. 2 hours a day would probably be fine.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My golden retriever LOVES to play fetch and I take her to the dog park generally twice a week for about an hour, maybe a little more. Is that too much? Not enough? Does it really matter? She's in great shape and only 4 years old. I just don't want to create any health problems for her.
Definitely not too much! If there's soft grass instead of pavement, its much more forgiving on their joints and bones.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you can stand it, take your dog to the park everyday. It is always good to get exercise. Just watch for exhaustion or tiredness the next day or the hours after park play. You can over do it. Getting out at least 4 times a week, to me is a must. Also, be careful to watch for bad habits from the park. Your dog WILL pick things up, some will be good and others will be bad.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Make her stop every 15 - 30 min. to go drink some water. Depending in the heat, an hour a day is not too much. I find that the dog doesn't get tired, so much as getting too hot ... playing for longer periods of time when the temperature is 40 degrees compared to 90s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts