Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I LOVE GROOMING MY DOGS. I find it very relaxing, theraputic, and love seeing the end results. I have 6 Golden Retrievers, a Doberman Pinscher, and a Standard Poodle. While I'm no pro, and have only limited supplies and equipment, I'd consider myself an experienced home groomer. Currently, when I groom, I sit on the floor with the dog. The dog stands, sits, or lays down while I groom...my husband has been telling for me at least three years that I need a grooming table. However, I'm so comfortable/set in my ways with sitting on the ground grooming, I'm afraid of changing my routine. I haven't a clue what my dogs would think about it. I'm 24, so getting on the floor isn't a big deal...but my knees are starting to hurt after grooming....Won't my legs hurt for standing that long grooming at a table?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would definitely invest in a grooming table if I were you.... I also groom my own dogs and use to sit on the floor as well... I ended up getting a grooming table and it was a saving grace for my back! Don't force your dogs to stay on it the first time, and if you can teach them to jump up on it (depending on what you get) even better.
I've had mine for a couple of years now and have no regrets!!!:D

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Trust me, after a few more years, you WILL NOT want to groom on the floor anymore...Lol!

A grooming table is a very valuable tool, and can improve the grooms on your dogs, simply because you can be at the dog's level easier.

·
Registered
296 Posts
get a grooming table or a regular table with high weight capacity (like bar height) and throw a no slip shower mat on it. you'll wonder how you groomed this long without one!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I used a wooden patio table set against the wall. All of us were happier. Not just my legs, my back is better off standing.

Six goldens and a poodle? Wow, that is a lot of grooming. I enjoy grooming too now that i am not helpless in the face of Sassy's shedding!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh yeah.. Get a table. he he.. They are so much better.. You can walk around the table while the dog is standing still... It's so much easier. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts