Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: We have a 2 year old Siberian Husky and a 3 month old Golden Retriever. Our 2 year old husky is a rescued dog. We just moved from Ohio to Florida. We have kept both dogs in during the heat, but send them outside to go potty. My husband is in the military and I'm a SAHM.

Recently, my husky has decided that she does not like walking on the grass in our new home. She will poop on the patio, and more likely, she will poop inside. I don't know how to get her to go on the grass. This has been going on about 3-4 weeks now. We have been here about 3 months. She has not been bit by a snake or any insects that I'm aware of. It seems like just doesn't like the texture of the grass. Is this something I should bring her in for, or this a training issue?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Sounds more like a training issue. Can you put her on a leash and take some treats and lure her onto the grass and make a big fuss over her when she walks on the grass?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Take her out on a leash and reward like crazy when she does her business in the APPROPRIATE area. The more you allow HER to make hte decision on where she goes, the harder the habit will be to break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts