Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dog has been on this for about 3 weeks now http://www.bigdogpetfoods.com.au/products/barf-8
I have her on the kangaroo or that rabbit as sometimes her tummy is funny.
She gets 1 pattie and some earthborn primitive grainfree a day.

Holy cow, she is like a puppy all over again!!! Doing zoomies everywhere and playing with the cat and even playing tug. She has NEVER played tug. Its like she is the puppy I have wanted all along.

Its official.
I am a raw food convert.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Glad it's made your dog a pup again! We're still working on getting a diet that works for Maddie. She HATES the Instinct Raw Beef, so we're now going to try the chicken. She really prefers kibble, but it doesn't prefer her!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Georgia Peach: have you tried another pre made raw? I tried NV once and mine just didn't like it. They liked Stella and Cheweys and are now on Darwin's. Other ones are Steve's real food, Primal, Answers...

·
Registered
740 Posts
My dog and I didn't really like Nature's Variety - Butters is CRAZY for Tollden Farms though. And it looks and smells a lot like real meat and veggies, whereas NV seems a little artificial. Anyhoo, after a few months on it, her tear stains completely vanished, her stools hardened and became smaller, and her coat is fantastic. Love raw!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
All meat!! Raw makes a 100% happier and healthier dog.. which has more energy just by nature tho I believe... I'll never go back 2 weeks in my self and difference is amazing..

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I'm glad it's working out so well for you guys. I honestly haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in Sydney, but she did really well on her kibble (EB Primitive Natural), so maybe there just wasn't much room for improvement. ;p I'm sure it will have dental benefits over kibble, though!

Right now I'm deciding between Darwin's or Ziwipeak for the "premade" part of her diet, and it will probably depend upon the freezer space I end up having available. I *think* Ziwipeak works out to be cheaper because I can get it with free shipping and the portion sizes are so small, but it's kind of confusing to determine because I'm not sure how big the "scoop" that comes with ZP is, and because she would eat like a little more than one packet of Darwin's a day...

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I'm glad it's working out so well for you guys. I honestly haven't noticed a whole lot of difference in Sydney, but she did really well on her kibble (EB Primitive Natural), so maybe there just wasn't much room for improvement. ;p I'm sure it will have dental benefits over kibble, though!

Right now I'm deciding between Darwin's or Ziwipeak for the "premade" part of her diet, and it will probably depend upon the freezer space I end up having available. I *think* Ziwipeak works out to be cheaper because I can get it with free shipping and the portion sizes are so small, but it's kind of confusing to determine because I'm not sure how big the "scoop" that comes with ZP is, and because she would eat like a little more than one packet of Darwin's a day...
Couldn't you do some of both of it, along with whatever else you're feeding? When the money I have saved up for Darwins is gone, I'll have to get the same amount but a few more weeks apart. I figure some of it is better than none.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Couldn't you do some of both of it, along with whatever else you're feeding? When the money I have saved up for Darwins is gone, I'll have to get the same amount but a few more weeks apart. I figure some of it is better than none.
Yeah sure. But at her size one bag of ZP or box of Darwin's would last a pretty long time. ;p I definitely won't write any of them off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts