Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll be watching Bonita AKA Bonnie for about 5 days as she transitions from her old foster to her new foster, both just happen to go on vacation at the same time. She's a bit fearful of new people but seems to warm up pretty quickly from my short experience with her. Was expecting much worse from what I was told but I may have just been lucky so far with her. On to picture and some videos.

First picture I took and she wasn't so sure about the camera

On a lull between all the wrestling she explored the living room

Something interesting is spotted by both dogs

*more*

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So many toys to choose from

nom, nom, nom, antler

Pretty girl

Checking out the neighborhood

*more*

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short rest

ready to instigate more play time

Finally found Jubel's FAVORITE doggie game, tug

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
pretty girl....what's her mix?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of the video I shot came out as well as I'd hoped but I'll likely get a nice one before she leaves. All of this is from last night.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty girl....what's her mix?
Her little bio on the shelter website says dachshund/boxer mix but that is suspect info from the people who surrendered her, they list her as a hound mix. She's about an year old and I believe was with her first foster for about 6 months now. I think she's done a great job with her because so far she's been awesome... other than not letting me sleep last night. Hopefully she'll be more settled tonight and the novelty of Jubel will have worn off enough for bed time to BE bed time.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Very pretty dog and it looks like Jubel is having a great time playing with her.

I see hound/shepherd mix.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-2gi1WkyE&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeL4tZa87mw&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGRZlzccKw&feature=channel&list=UL

Those are the "better" ones, more are uploaded for those who are interested.

But yeah Jubel's vocal play shown here is why we have trouble at the dog park sometimes when we still went. It's all playful and in good fun but some people just hear the noise and he just HAS to be aggressive and is ATTACKING the other dog.

I like how you can see on the later videos how much more comfortable and less submissive Bonnie gets in their play too.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Her little bio on the shelter website says dachshund/boxer mix but that is suspect info from the people who surrendered her, they list her as a hound mix.
i really don't see the Doxie there....maybe Boxer.....but my guess would have been hound/GSD/Lab, maybe...

still a pretty girl, tho

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's beautiful! Why has she been in foster care for so long?
She is fearful of new people/dogs. Her last foster hired a private trainer to work her and it seems to have helped a lot. I never saw here before but from what I was told I expected a harder time with her. Right now she seems to warm up to new people pretty quickly. Though my examples are myself and my brother. I met her with Jubel, her old foster, her new foster, and the new foster's dog last weekend. The old and new foster had already done a few play dates to make the transition easier for Bonnie. Bonnie was comfortable with me at the end of the play date and a handful of treats but still a bit on guard if I tried to reach out and pet her. She was dropped off around 6pm Thursday night and was happy as can be with me petting and loving on her by 10pm. My brother didn't come home until around 1am but since I was awake due to Bonnie being to excited with her new BFF Jubel to go to sleep we did a meet and greet. She barked and nipped at him a bit when he reached out to her (after I told him not to) but a few hours later I stuck her in his room with him so I could try and get a few hours of sleep before work and she was just fine.

At her worst in fearful behavior I don't think she was being taken to adoption events but I know she is now. She is such a great dog once she trusts you, hopefully she'll get adopted soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts