Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember last year one or two members had said that they ordered them for their pets. Just wondering if anyone here has any feedback?

Ticks are soooooooo bad this year - Bella walked through the brush and instantly had six ticks on her. I thought I got them all but had one crawling on my arm last night then a random one crawling up my wall this afternoon!!! <<<shiver...eeeewww!!!>>>

I'm desperately seeking something that will repel them - at least a bit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Use a good quality tick and flea rinse once a week durring the "bad" season. You don't need to soak to the skin but want a good layer on the outer coat so that if a tick gets on, it will drop off pretty quick. Now the dog treatment is different .......... (joke)

If a tick does get through the surface coat, then you have to ensure your systemic protection is up to speed - thats your chewable tablets or drops on back of neck etcetc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Your ticks give you Lyme disease. Our ticks in Aus give parralysis and death within 48 hours if we are not totally vigilant, which includes a daily hands on feel for lumps and bumps that might be a tick, as well as the spot on, tick and flea collars and a biweekly tick and flea rinse.

Even then we have twice missed a tick and had to rush dogs to the vet.

Ticks are no joke.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy .... - that is bad!!! You Aussies have all kinds of nasties out there - although I would still love love LOVE to visit that part of the world!! =) Someday. <heavy sigh>

I tick check Bella & myself every day & night. But I always seem to miss one or two...somehow. I either find them live or dead where she sleeps. Totally creeps me out.

Lyme disease can and does kill. No doubt about it. Don't wanna mess with it. I wish there were some sort of scanner that you can use to detect where they are in the fur - or on yourself. Pick the little bastards off, soak them in alcohol and fry the $uckers! :flame:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts