Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have people with a tremendous amount of knowledge, even vets and vet tech. here so I hop someone can help me and my Sadie.
I have posted on this subject before but I still need help. My shih tzu started to shed excessivly in Dec. especially her tail. I think it was the end of Feb I switched her to natural Balance food and at first I thought that was the answer, well it is not I am keeping her in a short puppy cut. I first thought it was just loosing puppy coat then maybe her winter coat. When I had her spayed in Jan. the vet shrugged it off the groomer is no help. I don't know what to try next but this is not normal. Oh she was one year old April 10th.
:confused:
Thanks Karen

·
Registered
13 Posts
i see no one has replied yet, may be you can get some info from,
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070411002844AA1L2ll

well, here i quote some suggestion, from tips.net
Poor diet can increase shedding, as can stress. If these are the problems eliminate them first.

Regular daily grooming will reduce shedding. For very fine coated dogs such as greyhounds, dogs with short dense coats like labradors etc try this.

Use a rubber glove such as for washing up, put this on and, whilst outside, smooth your dog all over in short brisk strokes. This will bring up the loose hair and you can get rid of it outside. Also brush with a stiff bristle brush or slicker to exfoliate the skin.
sorry if iam not relevant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts