Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got my Shiba back from the kennel where she was for three days. When we got home she immediately had diahrrea, twice. No blood though, thankfully!

She keeps licking her lips which is a little strange and tried to pee about 4 times all on her first trip outside.

Should I be worried? She's about 5 months old and has all her shots. They said she did well at the kennel and there was no diahrrea reported there. It's a very reputable place.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Could be stress. I'd watch her and if you see no improvement within 24hrs. call your vet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took her out again, about 3 hours after it happened the first time, and she did it again. She's been resting and I think she's continuing to feel better but her feces is almost completely water.

Hopefully this is just stress but if it isn't better by tomorrow I'll take her in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She did a "better" poop this morning in that it was almost completely better and formed.

One thing though, she has been having eye boogers as well. This is not something I've seen in her before, is that a symptom of anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi...did you send her regular food with her to the kennel or did they feed her there food?

I've heard that abrupt changing of food will cause diarrhea and runny eyes sometimes.

If her eyes don't get better, I would take her to the vet just to be safe.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts