Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys don't be fooled by mixed breed dogs. Kita is our 1st mixed breed pup and I've always paid big bucks for AKC Pure Breed pups thinking it was the better way to go **wronggggg**. We adopted her from out local animal shelter and she's been nothing but a plesaure since. We got her at 3 months and she's now 6 months and with the exception of loose runny stool and her horrible gas all has been great. I switched her food from Science Diet Lamb & Rice to Blue Buffalo Puppy a week ago and still no change so I'll start adding a table spoon of canned Pumpkin in her food today. She crate trained really well and welps when she needs to go or when out of her crate she walks to the back patio slider and paws at the blinds & glass. She also loves to play fetch and learned to return, sit and heal fairly quick. We love her and so does our Miniture Poodle.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Look at that face! Also, look at those feet! Unless she just has those big retriever feet, that's gonna be a big dog.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, her head and feet size is a pretty good indication she's going to be a big girl and she has that darn thick curved tail that seems to whack everything it comes in contact with. We're still not totally convinced what mixed breed she is even though we were told she's mixed Chow and Akita when we got her. What we have noticed is that as she grows she's looking more like she has some Retriever in her and she certainly has the retriever instinct in her.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I wouldn't say that adopting from a shelter is better than buying from a good breeder, or that buying from a good breeder is better than adopting from a shelter. They're different ways of getting a dog and they work for different people.

Now, buying from a pet store or an unethical breeder is another story. Getting a dog from a good breeder or a rescue/shelter is much better than that.

She's a cute dog. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mutts rule! Followed closely by Chihuahua's. :) Edited to add you have a beautiful dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts