Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were bbq-ing the other evening and I snapped a few pictures of the dogs. Mostly Jaia.

To me, there's nothing like the shape of a Shepherd's head.

Focusing on a toy:

Focusing on me.

Waiting for "dad" to make his move:

more...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While Cara watches the kids playing "baby games":

I call this "Alert with Spooge"

A pretty boy and his Wubba:

more...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of nice poses:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Really gorgeous dogs. What kind of shepherds are they?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of shepherds are they?
They're regular German Shepherds. They just have long coats. It's a recessive gene and considered a fault of the breed here in the US.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I kinda like them better with the long coats... no offense to the dogs with the shorter coats. They look fantastic.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. We prefer them, too. My breeder doesn't breed for the coat, but every once in a while, one slips though. (luckily for us)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Gorgeous dogs. I just saw that you live in New Mexico, I love New Mexico. We have a family friend out there in Albuqurque that we've visisted the last two summers. The desert is beautiful! I have been considering moving out there for a year or two to finish school, but theres a lot to consider since I'd be bringing Bailey with me.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just saw that you live in New Mexico, I love New Mexico.
We lived in Albuquerque for a while. We're now up in the mountains (high desert) where it's cooler. We love it here! And I see you're from Ohio, where I was born! :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
The high desert is great, too. We've been up to Santa Fe and Taos. Our family friend lives in the Sandia Mountains in a beautiful neighborhood. Thats where I'd be staying, but I'd have to watch Bailey like a hawk there with all the coyotes, bears, snakes, etc...

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Always love love love your pictures! Your dogs are looking gorgeous as always, hope you don't mind if I pop by and steal a sibling for Trent :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hope you don't mind if I pop by and steal a sibling for Trent :D
LOL I see you're in Oregon and that's where they're from, so it would be easier for you to get one there than here. :D

They would just LOVE Trent!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow! I didn't know they had a gene for long hair!!!

I really like them with long hair!!! They're amazing!

I don't know why that would be a fault!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts