Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took the dogs for a walk to this really cool field that I found near my house. It’s a 15 minutes walk to the field, and I am so proud of my two the last few days because we’ve been working on our healing with both dogs on my left and my two have MASTERED it. They walk so perfectly at my side shoulder to shoulder. I am almost giddy walking down the street because they are being so well behaved. I don’t know what clicked, but they are making me so proud. Even with other dogs around or cats or people, they stay perfectly at my side. I couldn’t ask for anything more. I never thought that I would be able to walk both dogs together with ease, and they are making it so easy. Just a brag, but it’s a goal that I never thought I would accomplish.

As a reward, I let them off leash in this field and they have a blast!

Sit, stay after taking off the leashes ready to go!

Proud Spike at a down stay from a distance.

Spike a little bit closer.

The big man responding to ‘here!’

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hm.. Maybe this is why my house smells! Spike always lays in water when he drinks. Look how dirty that water is!!

Spike just being himself.

Sierra gets equally as dirty.

This is Sierra in her stalking stance. Spike doesn’t stand a chance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the comments. They are such smart dogs, but they are equally as challenging. I often wonder if two was one too many for me. But times like these when I see them play and run free I think that I can manage the challenge. I am so glad to have found Spike a home where he has a best friend and has the life he deserves. And as indepent as Sierra was, I can see her true bond with Spike. I thought she'd never warm up to not being the only dog, but she has finally come around.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Everyone had fun EXCEPT mom who had to clean up those dirty dawgs! I'm glad mine don't like water. Butch will, however, walk through a puddle if I call him in just to prove that he can (when he doesn't want to come in!). They look so great together...the last one is perfect...and if you hadn't mentioned the drool, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh my I just love Spike! I like Sierra to but I just want to "steal" Spike. Hes so beautiful. Shepards will always have a special place in my heart for I have two. I just love the pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts