Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People keep asking me what "type" of german shepherd Nash is. I just tell them he is a rescue from the south and that I don't even know for sure if he is purebred. People keep asking me, so I'm just wondering . . . what lines is he most likely from based on his looks?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't know, but he needs some groceries

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know, but he needs some groceries
Those pictures are from the first few days we had him. We got him at the end of may (22nd?). He was taken from his previous owners because they chained him up in the backyard and stopped feeding him because they didn't want him anymore. He has gained weight in the time we have had him, he is up to 72 pounds I think it was and has been/is being treated for the giardia and whip worms he came with.

If I were to pretend he was a purebred I would say Czech
Thats what I was thinking too. My boss thinks he may have a little bit of malinois in him. Who knows:) Its fun to guess and stuff though. I think he looks gsd enough to get his ILP/PAL so I can compete with him though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
yeah after i wrote that I thought that may be the case, but you know there's always someone that thinks their dog is a good weight when it's not :D you are not one of those people, yay

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I wouldn't say Czech at all (too small, head is wrong, etc). I'd say if he had to be a line, generic East German Working lines would do, though I'd just keep saying "I don't know, he's just a nice rescue we adopted" :)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I wouldn't say Czech at all (too small, head is wrong, etc). I'd say if he had to be a line, generic East German Working lines would do, though I'd just keep saying "I don't know, he's just a nice rescue we adopted" :)
Yeah, thats my plan. I was just curious if he would be from a specific line which it would be, since people are always giving me their guesses, lol. Like I said before I don't even know for sure if he is even a purebred gsd, don't really care much either, he is a great dog what ever he is:)

Aw, he's a cutie pie. But he's a good worker and very willing to learn!
Thanks:) He is a good worker and really enjoys learning stuff.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Do you have any closer pictures of his face? He looks like a purebred GSD to me.

·
Banned
335 Posts
He "just" looks like a sable GSD to me. He's very handsome--that's my favorite GSD color. :D

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Dutch shepherds only come in brindle (it tends to override sable), certainly no Malinois. That handsome brute isn't anything but GSD xD

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say DDR lines (east german working)

He's very handsome!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Many working line GSDs are very slender...it depends both on age and line.

Either way, he's sable, so I want him

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone, lol. Xeph, ya can't have him! He is mine, all mine! He is approximately about a year old to year and a half old. He has gained weight, and is in the upper 70's (lbs) now.

These are some of the most recent pictures I have of him, I want to get some of him stacked (best I can try anyway) so maybe I will try to do that today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts