Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is daniel i am in the uk and have been considereing get eithe a central asian shepahrd or an anotolian shephard i have done a lot of research on both breeds but i cant seem to find a good advertisement for either breed or a breeder ansd when i do find a breeder they have always been ridiculous prices fro 1000 pound onwaeds any one in the uk have any experience with this breed thankyou dog people in advance

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have you thought about going through a rescue group? Lots of people will have different views on this. Some people think that you need to go to a good breeder, some will say a rescue(these dogs can have behavior problems). I personally got my shepherd in an ad on craigslist. She had some issues when I got her(she was three months) but we've worked through them and she is a wonderful dog. Just keep doing your research and the decision will have to be yours. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Central Asian shepherds and Anatolian shepherds are both fairly rare breeds outside of their native countries. It appears you'd have to import a CAS from a breeder in the US. You might contact this group for UK breeders of the AS. http://didimdogshelter.com/

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Have you thought about going through a rescue group? Lots of people will have different views on this. Some people think that you need to go to a good breeder, some will say a rescue(these dogs can have behavior problems). I personally got my shepherd in an ad on craigslist. She had some issues when I got her(she was three months) but we've worked through them and she is a wonderful dog. Just keep doing your research and the decision will have to be yours. Good Luck.
Neither of these breeds are likely to end up in rescue, they are EXTREAMELY rare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts