Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm applying to be a shelter coordinator at a local shelter. Anyone in this position or have experience? I have read the job requirements, obviously, but the application does not leave much room for extra stuff.

Is it appropriate to write a letter, a bit like a self recommendation, myself about why I would be an asset and they should at least interview me? I work with a rescue that pulls dogs to stop their euthanasia, and I thought it would be a great asset to tell them I could help curb euthanasia by having this rescue who pays their adoption fee, vet fees, and puts them in foster homes until they're adopted, and explain all the other volunteering stuff I do that doesn't fit into the typical "past employment" field. All of this stuff would make me a great candidate for the position, and would help me even more than my grooming background.

Also, any help on even starting that letter would be appreciated. :p

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you're asking about a cover letter. I think that's more than appropriate when applying for any job.
THAT was what I was thinking of. I've never had to fill out something like this, as my grooming jobs were usually inquiry and then interview and hired. I wanted a chance to explain my skills without seeming pretentious with a self recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts