Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a thing some dogs are trained to do. Molly is not. Molly was trained to put her feet on a bucket like this years ago in agility training for contacts, but this is her offering stuff to get me to throw her ball.

She's quite pleased with herself! I'm quite pleased with the hind end awareness.

Do your dogs invent tricks for themselves?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
All the time. And they think they are pretty smart when they train me.

The first dog I trained with a clicker would offer an entire routine of behavior to get me to do things. It seems too that once we teach them the game of "you do this to get that" they just build on it adding their own twists (some better than others).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That is really cool. Belle and Raya both do paws up on things but I haven't tried to make them spin around. I love it when they offer things like this. Molly is pretty smart. We have a boardwalk/bridge at a park near our home, that is up over a marshy area. It has these four inch wide sides that are up about maybe five inches from the boardwalk on one side and about 2 feet up from the ground on the other. Any time we walk over this bridge, Belle will do her balance beam routine and walk on that 4 inch board. She just loves to do this, it is funny and we don't walk slow either, it is a very fast walk and this bridge is about a block long! I do have a couple videos of it but not sure exactly where I have them, lol. I take too many pics and videos....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts