Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep finding my little Baby curled up in a ball biteing on her paws. I dont want her to hurt herself. She only does this every once in a while. I inspected her paws and there doesnt seem to be anything physically wrong with them and she walks and runs fine. Soo why the biteing!? any ideas??

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Well now you don't know that..my dog doesn't have allergies and itches her paws with her teeth every now and then. It's the same way we get an itch on our foot or hand.

If this itching is very constant, then allergies might be an issue, but the OP said it was every now and then.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It may be allergies if she continuously scratches and bites her paws. It could be her food, or allergies can often be environmental as well.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
How often is "every now and then"? Keep a record of when she does this. After exercise? After she's eaten? See if you can determine a pattern. It's most likely allergies.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
it could be allergies, or it could be displacement. if your dog is bored, not exercised enough, she could be biting her feet because she has extra energy and nothing to do with it. my dog is doing that, but we are working very hard at fixing that problem. we are running him at the park a lot, which he loves. my dog also loves other dogs and really misses his doggy daycare friends since we moved. we are getting a puppy soon which will hopefully help too.

can you find something that your dog really loves to do and do more of it? like they say "a tired dog is a good dog" and a tired dog will sleep and not chew on their legs. i don't know if it is displacement, but any dog would love extra attention and exercise :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts