Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have done more complaining about Dakota's behaviour than saying the positive. I have to say though that she is the greatest dog in public [as long as there isn't other dogs then she's way too happy!!] I don't know if this is because we socialized her early or part of her nature, I'm thinking both. We have been going for walks uptown and slowly making our way onto busy streets uptown and she's terrific! We have been passing kids, kids on skate boards, on skooters, bikes, women with children, men and she's the best dog I have ever had for socializing, so she may take a few licks from the little ones ice cream cones, but I'm so impressed how she handles herself and the noise. She will be 10 months old on the 12th so I'm assuming her outward joy towards other dogs will get better as she matures:rolleyes:
We still have some issues but I thought I would post this instead of posting the negative all the time:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill,
but consider yourself lucky that she's "way too happy" to see other dogs.

Mabel has the opposite problem and it's a tough one. Physically the problems are probably about the same (pulling on the leash, lunging, etc). But "none to happy" is harder emotionally I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts