Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear, anyone who says dogs can't talk doesn't spend nearly enough time with them. When I got home today Lucy, my whippet, greeted me in her usual way. This involves a wiggly happy dance, jumping, and lots of kisses. Roughly translated, "Ohmygodyou'rehomeyou'rehomeyou'rehome! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!"

After I released Ursala from her confinement area and got another warm greeting, Lucy still had a case of the zoomies so I attempted to let her outside. Unfortunately it was raining. Lucy bounded to the door grinning like a loon, "Outside! Outside! We're goin' out---GAAAAH What are you trying to do, kill me?!" She got about halfway out the door to the yard before she stopped so abruptly she nearly did a summersault, turned tail, ran back inside and looked at me as if I had committed some terrible crime against humanity. The whole incident left me laughing for a good ten minutes. I love my goofy little girl. :p

Does anyone else have funny anecdotes they'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That happened when it snowed here a few months ago...

Donatello got all excited to go outside, he didn't mind wearing his coat either. ; ) The minute we walked outside and from underneath the awning... He started walking real slow with his head down as if the snow flakes weighed a ton! The whole time we were outside he stood with his head down, staring at me through his doggie-eyebrows with a look on his face that could kill! lmao! It was funny, but kind of sad because of how miserable he was! He actually got excited and did a happy dance knowing we were going back inside! lol!

I have several moments each day that make me LOL, but I can't seem to think of any of the good ones...

But this thread oughta be a good one!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The most recent one was when I was out in the yard playing fetch with Nala. I threw the ball and she was running so fast that she did a somersault when she tried to stop. This repeated every time I threw the ball. She stopped bringing it back though, I think she got tired of me laughing at her.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh well, last week we went to the big dog park. It has a few low areas that fill up with water, which Bayley just loves. We had some rain so they had filled up a bit more and the water was pretty deep. Well she goes flying down the hill and right in full speed. I don't think she expected quite that much water and came up snorting and sputtering. She stopped and just stood there for a second, with a rather surprised look on her face, then she must have realized that it was a real blast and turned around and ran back through as fast as she could. I couldn't help but laugh. Then does she shake herself off when she gets out, no she waits, has to come all the way back up the hill, stand beside me and then shake!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mabel's funniest moments happen at about 9 pm. She's tired and wants to go to bed. So she sits and stares at us with a "take-me-to-bed" kind of look.

When one minute goes by without us reacting, she gives a big sigh like a "harrumph" and then goes upstairs on her own to go to bed.

Well, I guess you have to be there. ;)

PS as a rat terrier she's got a lot of whippet in her. She feels the exact same way about rain, or any water for that matter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andromeda is scared of her own shadow litterly---I was taking her for a walk and thought it would be nice to change our route.

So we walked up the street where this row of stores are. Well one of them has these large glass windows that go down all the way to the ground and a large glass door. Well it went out of business a few months back so its empty with no lights on inside. It was dark out and the street lights are on.

My 6 year old was walking with me and so I was looking at her while she was talking to me. All of a sudden I feel the dog jump and back up. I look around and cant fingure out what scared her and got her to start walking again this time watching her. Well we get to the window and she does it again, and again, and again for all 5 windows.

I was dying from laughter as was this old man who said and i was thinking about crossing the street cause your dog looks a little scary. I saw her jumping and figured she was ok to walk past.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
637 Posts
The funniest thing that has ever happened to me was when my old dog, Dawny was still alive. Dawny was Rhodesian ridgebackXBC. anyway she always loved scavenging, (we lived in VERY rural Australia, one house every half mile) Dawny was always bringing things home, like dead rabbits, grocery bags that our neighbours had spent hours driving to the store for....anyway one day Dawny had been missing for hours, which was highly unusual, i was starting to worry, when i got a phone call, it was our nextdoor neighbour that told us to come over quickly...so i hopped in the car and drove as fast as i could....our neighbours were waiting at the gate and were laughing so hard....they pointed down the road a bit and i looked at saw the funniest thing ever, there was Dawny dragging a 300kilo or 150lb Kangaroo up the road, her tongue hanging out with a massive grin, her eyes bright with excitement....unfortunately due to tapeworm risk, she wasn't allowed to enjoy it, plus it smelled like it had been dead for well over a week.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
This was definitely one of them. What you don't hear is me suppressing my massive laughter. At one point she swung her head around so far that I thought it was going to snap off.. :D And sometimes after I tease her with computer sounds she throws her ears back and starts wagging her tail like a madman. Like she's laughing along with me.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Off the top of my head, it would have to be when Eddie "pants" me...lol I was out in the yard with Eddie and my boyfriend. My boyfriend was sitting at the picnic table and I was standing, facing him and talking to him. I was wearing drawstring sweatpants. So I'm standing in the yard talking and the next thing I know Eddie nipped at my pants from behind and pulled them down to my ankles.
I didn't think it was very funny at the time but my boyfriend thought it was hilarious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love it! haha dogs are never ending entertainment. Last week Richie got his head stuck in a cup, here is this maltipoo running into the walls as i try to catch him to take it off lol! They also do the head cock thing alot, never ceases to make me giggle.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Puddles catching her own meal of fish out of her pool.

Iris when she hops like a rabbit in tall grass cause she is short.

Dozer when he smiles, growls and rolls.

Beacon when he jumps..like a hot fire under his butt...

Cheyenne when he gets excited when it is time for play time with the whole gang.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Matrix is afraid of feathers, but for whatever reason, insists on getting a good sniff of any feather he sees. Well, we were out on a really windy day and a feather is blowing in the grass. Matrix creeps up to it, gives it a sniff and at the same time a big gust of wind blew the feather out of the grass and it stuck to his nose. I can't begin to tell you how hilarious his face was...he was beyond shocked and scared. His eyes were crossed eyed staring at this thing stuck on his nose, but at the same time it was like he was trying to get as far away from his own nose as possible. Poor guy, but it was hilarious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts