Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is just coming off of steroids and her skin is soooooo flaky and dry, her fur is finally coming back in but I feel so bad I just want to dip her in oil or something the poor thing. IS there any dog shampoo that you recommend for dry flaky skin?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I would probably opt for a good medicated shampoo. My preference is EZ Groom Ultra Sheen Medicated, as after a nice 10 minute soak, all that flaky skin will come off and leave a nice moisturized skin in its place. Dry skin is from the inside out, so its going to flake back up, but that shampoo with get rid of whats there now. There is no shampoo that is going to eliminate the problem, bbecause it will continue to resurface until you get her healing inside. Dry skin is just a symptom. You can get EZ Groom shampoo's online, from them directly, they ship fast. They don't sell it in pet stores.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with Graco... I also like coal and tar shampoos. they smell awful, but they work wonderul...

Also a lot of vets I've known recommend selsun blue.. I haven't seen that great of results with it, but it's something you can try.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can highly recommend one of the EQyss line of shampoos. They have a couple of good ones for skin/coat problems. I can personally recommend the Microtek shampoo and the Premier shampoo. The Microtek is without a doubt the best I have used for dogs with problem skin/coat conditions and the Premier is an excellent maintenance shampoo. You won't be sorry with either.

http://www.eqyss.com/pet_products.asp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts