Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought her home on Friday August 31. By Labor Day morning, we were sitting at the er vet. She was not putting any weight on her rear leg and very depressed. The vet said she had a septic joint in her knee. They drew out a lot of fluid and sent it out for testing, started her on antibiotics kept her overnight. The next day she was walking on it and we were elated, but they still couldn't say what caused it. Took her to my regular vet for his checkup that was scheduled for that same day she got out of the hospital and he said he's never heard of this in such a young puppy.
She seemed better yesterday and today was good, but it seems swollen again. I'm checking in with my vet again tomorrow. I'm so worried about my little girl. I just don't know what to expect, I want her to have the best life I can give her.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Keep on it with your vet. Usually they end up needing to get it flushed with antibiotics, and then go on IV antibiotics. You don't want their whole body going septic. I'd take her back to the vet in the am.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts