Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first Aussie (mix..heeler I believe) was awesome. Set our love of the breed.
Our second is a rescued Lethal White.
We just got a Mini Aussie pup, red Merle and looks like she will have green eyes, very striking.
Anyhow, so while familiar with Aussies, this little gal may drive us crazy with the separation anxiety.
We use a play pen (which we had to fashion a lid on...she figured out how to climb out on day two) while away from the house and at night.
She works herself into a tizzy, even to the point of throwing up.
I have many toys in there, stuffed kong, water bottle (she was just dumping the bowl).
It breaks my heart as I know she just wants to be with us, but she needy to be confined at this age for her own safety
Any ideas appreciated.
She is going to be a more trying pup than our last (11 yrs ago...Pug...easy pup... she's my ornery old bat now).:p

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Can your other dog keep her company? My puppy was content to settle in his crate if someone else or another dog was in the same room. Obviously eventually she'll need to learn to be alone, but it might help as a transition step.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old ladies have free range, so are frequently in the same room. I'm sure they simply ignore the new interloper. Wish I could have gotten two pups, but she was pretty spendy (worth it!!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts