Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sensitive skin *Pics Added*

My dog seems to have THE most sensitive skin ive ever seen.
She goes out running in the feild and comes back with what looks like little hives all over her stomach and under arms. then when she scratchs herself it gets worse and they bleed. ive tried washing her off when she comes in but it doesn't seem to help.
is there a medicine or shampoo i can get to maybe help with her skin irritation?
she is a pitt bull and all that i have met usually have rough hair and tough skin. her hair is really soft and her skin too. shes over a year and a half old so she should be over her puppy hair and stuff.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would definitely see a vet to rule out anything more serious. But pit bulls can be prone to sensitive skin issues and allergies. You can try using oatmeal shampoo, but like I said, see a veterinarian first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i just did an old fashioned oatmeal bath ill see if that works some. its just started recently so could it be allergies? is there a certain type of hypo allergenic shampoo? is that like the oatmeal shampoo you mentioned?

Woo hoo! figured out posting pics!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Does she shake her head a lot? What do her ears smell like?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Before I started Bridgette on special food for food allergies she got a small patch of rash like this. We had to put her on antibiotics for a staff infection.

My only advice is to take her straight to a vet and get it looked at. It may or may not be allergies...but it looks like it's spread and she needs to be checked by a vet.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I agree with CBIA. A vet visit is in order because it looks like an infection. Plus the ears look sore and infected also. Infected ears smell yeasty and usually have a brownish discharge in them. Let us know what the vet tells you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry> ive been having some trouble with my computer. vet visit is scheduled. ill update after we go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts