Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 mo old (rescue got him last month) collie mix who has a sensative stomack, sensative skin and a picky personality!! He refuses to eat anything with rice in it!! Making food for him I also found out he hates mashed potatoes! LOL. I would prefer to give him a store bought food rather than homemade though. The vet has recomended I put him on a Rx formula, but dread paying so much for food he refuses to eat. Any suggestions that wont break the bank?? :(

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
He is a puppy, and if healthy, wil eat when he's hungry. Offer him a high quality dog food kibble, mixed with a little canned food. I would recommend Taste of the Wild, Orijen, Acana, Merrick BG, etc..as a general rule, if you can buy it at the grocery store or petsomething box stores, its not the best food. Mix in some good canned food and offer him breakfast..After half hour, if he hasnt finished it..pick it up. Offer again for lunch and dinner, in the same manner. When he is hungry, he will eat it. He may go a day or two, waiting for something better, but when he learns he is getting that only, he will eat it. If you continue to cater to him, you will have a very finicky dog as an adult, that will just get worse over time. Nip it in the bud now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts