Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bed for my 12 y/o 45 pound labmix. At night he climbs up to the bed with the help of stairs so I'm looking for a comfy spot during the day. He used to like a futon I had on my floor but we got rid of it. Seems foam is the way to go, memory foam with some other kind of high density foam support underneath. Do you agree? Do you have any suggestions for what or where to buy? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Shari and Rosco

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi Shari--I got a great orthopedic bed for my elderly greyhound, Clifford, at Petsmart. It was about 5inches thick, with a removable cover for washing. Since he had a degenerative nerve disease and couldn't control his back legs very well, I didn't want anything TOO too thick (where he'd stumble getting on it) so this bed was just perfect. I have noticed that in the 3-4 months we've had it, the middle has formed a very slight weight indent but hasn't flattened out too excessively.

With tax, it came to about $110? It's huge--like, Great Dane size. :)

I've also heard WONDERFUL things about Victoria Peak dog beds (http://www.victoriapeak.com/store/). I know people who have had them for years and years, and they have held up so well! They stand lots of rugged use (especially dogs that dig & nest) and don't flatten out like a lot of beds do.

Have fun shopping!

Jen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.