Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been reading this forum for a while and decided that I'd like to join. There are a lot of interesting view points posted that I've enjoyed reading. I'm an American that lives in Okinawa, Japan with one puppy that's almost 5 months old named Semper. We adopted him from the shelter and they found him and his litter in a field. Stray dogs are a huge problem here. So I don't have any idea what kind of mix (here they call them oki-mix dogs) he is so your guess is as good as mine.

I hope these pictures work (I'm still new to posting). The first one is when we first got him and the others are more recent.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Semper is adorable! Welcome!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Semper is adorable! He looks like he has Border Collie & Jack Russell Terrier in him....

What a cutie!!! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! He certainly seems to know he's adorable :)

Semper is adorable! He looks like he has Border Collie & Jack Russell Terrier in him....

What a cutie!!! :)
Hmm... I've heard people say the jack russell part but not the Border Collie. I can kinda see that in his fur and ears. Thanks! I'd always like peoples guesses on his breed. Some people when asking what breed he is seem disappointed when I just say mix. haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cute pup! How do you like Japan? My SO is dying to relocate to Japan or Taiwan for a year or two.
Japan is pretty nice. We're actually living on a small island well south of mainland Japan so if you're SO ends up in mainland it could be quite different. It's only May but the humidity is a bit hard to get used to, nothing like I dealt with in the states. I love being able to go to multiple beaches with a short drive. We'll see how I like that when typhoon season hits though. I just moved here in January so haven't dealth with that yet. But this is where I got my cute little puppy so that definitely makes it worth it. :)

My husband is a marine. Is your SO military? I haven't done much travelling around yet but we'll be doing some eventually if my husband can get some time off from work.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hello & welcome to df. Your puppy is gorgeous. I can see sheltie in his face & yeah, jack russell. From the 1st pic I thought Beagle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello & welcome to df. Your puppy is gorgeous. I can see sheltie in his face & yeah, jack russell. From the 1st pic I thought Beagle.
Thanks, I think sheltie and jack russell makes the most sense. He's got long fur that lies flat with pretty much no undercoat, which is good here because of the heat. Of course there's probably lots of breeds in there but I need to know what I'll call him when I get back to the states and what to put on his health certificate in a couple years. We'll see how he changes as he continues to grow up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts