Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best bud Jake is 10 and had a seizure 2 weeks ago, he was OK but within a week he became weak, not able to get up on his own and now whimpers trying to get up and gets upset when we try to get him up, he is just very stiff and has no appetite.

Vet said he tested postitive for lyme exposure last summer (but had not told us this til now!) and the antibiotics aren't working that he's on for 4 days now. His chest and stomach xray looked fine and his blood work on organs and blood counts were normal, vet mentioned may have a high count on thyroid. that's the only blood work panel they did apparently. Heart and lungs are fine and he has not had anymore seizures since that first one. We don't know if it's lyme but hoping meds would have made improvement by now. I'm at a loss.
Has anyone encountered this and have suggestions that may help? I'm afraid he won't make it if I don't find help and a solution. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Maybe it was a stroke?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
4 days is not a long time. Give the meds time. Hopefully you will see some improvement.

In the meantime, you might want to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the replies. no change yet and I have not gotten a 2nd opinion. i'm afraid to make him uncomfortable in the car to find another vet says the same thing that doesn't get me anywyere, and it's not easy to pay for this all over again. he's on doxycycline 6 days now, not eating, he is drinking and we manage to get him outside to walk around a bit but he's weak and/or stiff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts