Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's poodle mix was recently diagnosed with seizures related to a brain tumor. He was fourteen years old. The vet told us that he had time, that he would stop eating when the time came but several days later it began to take use of his legs from him. At that point we knew he would not be with us long. This morning he could barely stand and we made the hardest decision that a pet owner ever has to make. We took him to our vet and we had him put down. He was an excellent dog, a loyal companion, and above all else a great friend. We will miss him for many years to come and it will not be the same without him.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
My dad's poodle mix was recently diagnosed with seizures related to a brain tumor. He was fourteen years old. The vet told us that he had time, that he would stop eating when the time came but several days later it began to take use of his legs from him. At that point we knew he would not be with us long. This morning he could barely stand and we made the hardest decision that a pet owner ever has to make. We took him to our vet and we had him put down. He was an excellent dog, a loyal companion, and above all else a great friend. We will miss him for many years to come and it will not be the same without him.
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a great gift we can give our dogs to let them go with dignity. But it is very hard on the humans who have to make the decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts