Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 month old goldendoodle that I am training using the clicker training method. She has learned shake and crawl, but when she shakes she often scratches me. And when she crawls she almost always scratches my hand. I was curious to see if anyone else has this problem and what you did to stop the dog. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It's hard without knowing why you hand is there in the first place but, I suspect you're rapid firing your hand (and treats?) towards her which makes her react quickly instead of deliberately/cautiously.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My hand is there because I put it out for her to shake and for crawl I drag it along the carpet so that she follows it crawling. She is still learning so I have to do it most of the time for her to respond.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its hard to tell cause her paws are so fluffy but it doesn't look that way. She is only 4 months so I doubt she needs them cut this soon. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
185 Posts
By the time my dog was 4 months old, we had trimmed her nails at least 4 times, maybe more, in the 2 months that we had had her. We use a dremel and the first few times were only "training sessions" with a dremel, only putting it on for a second each nail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.