Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here and a new pet owner also of a yorkie Daisy Mae. She is 7 weeks old and weighs 8 oz. She seems healthy but I have noticed when she tries to poop she seems like something is aggravating her. When she goes she scoots and licks the area. She will go to play and scoot and scatch more like something is bothering her. I clean her when she goes and I have looked and seen nothing there. Her poop looks normal no worms. She has been dewormed by the way. Sometimes when she is trying to go nothing comes out. I took her to the vet today and really couldn't find anything wrong. I took a sample with me and they said it looked normal. They gave me some fur ball paste to give her 2 times a day. Sometimes she will go in circles to and act spastic? Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm surprised the vet didn't have more answers. Did they check her anal glands? It's not very common for puppies so young to have problems with that, but today at work we had to express a 10 week old puppy's anal glands and they were full. She showed the same signs you describe.

They did run a fecal right? Not just look at the sample...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vet did look at her rectal area and pressed on it. She said it looked fine not swollen. She shaved around it because she is very fuzzy there so that way poop wouldn't get on fur and irritate her. I heard her tell the other helper she was too young to have anal gland problems. She said if she continued to scoot to call her in a couple of days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts