Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Awesome photos. A lot of people would say that those dogs are skinny since you could see the ribs, but boy are those dogs fit!

Thanks for sharing.
I agree. Most people way over feed their dogs. I guess it is the way of the world for us to be fat and we bring our dogs right along with us down the unhealthy overweight road. Unfortunately for my dogs, I have much better control of their diets then I do of my own. My own takes more will power. My dogs are not allowed to get fat. Exercise and a healthy diet for them. Now If I could just stay away from the treats myself. ;) :D

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Inga...you don't want to train there, I can tell you that much.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Rotties are one docked breed that I much prefer tailed. I just love those big fat tails, lol.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Was this just a practice, or some sort of test? I am surprised that almost all of the dogs have prong collars on. However, I am not well versed in Shutzhund.
Actually, the first malinois is wearing an e-collar and a fursaver, though prongs are very much the norm in training, particularly in the protection phase.

·
Registered
966 Posts
MUCH prefer the tails.

I've never been "into" rottweilers (or the way they look, anyway), and I just realized that is a big part of it.

Not having their tails kind of makes them look like little tanks instead of dogs. Or big tanks.

It's sort of "dehumanizing" -- or the doggy equivalent to that.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Very good looking AB!.

eh...I don't hate the tails on the Rotties.....but I don't love them ether...I'm leaning towards liking the docked look better

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Gorgeous dogs!

I prefer tails on all dogs born with them. I think Rotties with tails are cute! I like them much better... almost makes me want one seeing those guys!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
MUCH prefer the tails.

I've never been "into" rottweilers (or the way they look, anyway), and I just realized that is a big part of it.

Not having their tails kind of makes them look like little tanks instead of dogs. Or big tanks.

It's sort of "dehumanizing" -- or the doggy equivalent to that.
But, but...isn't that what Rotties are...TANKS!? I much prefer the docked tail on a Rottie...that way when they get excited they wag their whole butt and not just their tail. Same with a Boxer.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Rotties are one docked breed that I much prefer tailed. I just love those big fat tails, lol.
Until they start hitting you repeatedly in the knees. LOL I did have one tailed Rottweiler for awhile. IT HURTS! ha ha Maybe if your dog wasn't a tail wagging fool like mine was it would be alright but.... think knee braces.

Inga...you don't want to train there, I can tell you that much.
Aw darn, I was actually thinking about doing a drive by dog dumping. Slow down and shove Carsten out. It would be funny trying to see people trying to motivate this dog that would be sleeping on his back when the agitator came by. LOL

I had to add a picture of my sweet little bumper butt for those that think docked are ugly. :( Look at this cute little booty. :) Sorry all, I have a thing for Rottie butts. ha ha

Oh and whether they do or do not look like tanks, I assure you THEY ARE! ha ha Nothing graceful about these guys. That is part of what I love about them, I think we are sort of alike. :)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Awesome pictures! I loved all of them. And look at the Malinois. They're definitely one of the breeds I admire the most, amazing workers.

Tailed rotties... tailed rotties... <3333
LOL that's exactly what was going on in my mind. I love the pretty Rottie tails.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Nothing cuter than a little Rottie bumper butt, except may a Boxer or a French Bulldog. I love the way their whole bodies wiggle when they are happy and excited. :D

And I know about long killer tails. I've had a couple of dogs who could clear a coffee table in one swoop! :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great pics, I've always had a soft spot for Dutchies, as well as my Mals.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Belgian Malinois
Question: what is the purpose of such an exaggerated heel? I see this a LOT in the SchH vids and stuff that I've watched. That dog looks like it's ready to explode, and it's moving upward just as much as its moving forward. Bouncing, not walking/trotting! :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Question: what is the purpose of such an exaggerated heel? I see this a LOT in the SchH vids and stuff that I've watched. That dog looks like it's ready to explode, and it's moving upward just as much as its moving forward. Bouncing, not walking/trotting! :eek:

Points. It is a sport, after all, and styles rewarded by judges with points become popular.

Do you consider the dog heeling in the sig pic of mine to be doing this type of heeling?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I don't really know. Your dog doesn't look as exaggerated as the one I quoted.

I just find it looks very unnatural, rather than a dog heeling regularly by their handler, with full attention, waiting to be commanded what to do. I don't know much about it, that was just my impression.

Will a dog without that bouncy heel lose to a dog with it? Provided both dogs are in correct position and maintaining eye contact?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Will a dog without that bouncy heel lose to a dog with it? Provided both dogs are in correct position and maintaining eye contact?

Depends on the judge. Rules change all the time, emphasizing or penalizing different things.

On the dog in question, however, you have to realize that he may have been caught in a moment in time that his drive got the better of him. He may NOT be one of those bouncy upright heelers.

I agree, I am not a fan of it. I want all four on the floor.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Yeah, true, it could just be the picture. And the way the eyes came out in the picture certainly doesn't help his cause. :D

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.