Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to watch a local schutzhund club train and these are some of the better pictures I took.

First a Bi-color German Shepherd Dog

Belgian Malinois

Belgian Malinois

Dutch Shepherd butt

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rottweiler 4 month old female puppy looking sassy

American Bulldog

American Bulldog

American Bulldog

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Tailed rotties... tailed rotties... <3333

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Great pics! Love the full tailed rotties. Is it preferred/common to have full tailed rotties for schuzthund?

My favourite is the Malinois with the jolly ball! Sooooo athletic!!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Great Pictures Erin! All except for the Rottie tails. ha ha ha

Couldn't help myself after all the yahoo tail people. :) ;)
I guess after 31 years of owning bumper butts, tails on Rotties look ridiculous to me.
Most of the Schutzhund Rotties I knew years ago had no tails but many of the imports have tails and lots of folks get imports for Schutzhund. Not all but many.

By the way... Where is a local Schutzhund club?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this one is in Seymor WI. You gotta be rich AND thick skinned to join tho. The trainer is less than welcomming to say the least and it costs $200 a year for membership.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Who is the trainer? I am wondering if I know this person. I do have thick skin, I am German after all ha ha I don't currently have the dog for this though. Ron who used to train Schutzhund and had some very high titled dogs wanted to work with Carsten but I told him he would be disappointed with the lack of drive my sweet little prince charming has. Carsten who sleeps on his back during obedience whenever the instructor talks too much. ha ha

Are you a member Erin? Are you trying to title Hawk in Schutzhund?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As much as I would love to do Scutzhund with Hawkeye, I just don't have the money for it. The Trainer is Deb Krsnich. Not to mention with their organization Aussies are required to be registered as mix's and I would like Hawkeye to reflect his breed in any activities I do with him.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I think docked tails look much better. And since they are done when the dog is a couple of days old, it makes sense...it's the ear cropping of other breeds that I don't like. Rots and Boxes MUST have their tails docked...they just don't look right otherwise. :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
As much as I would love to do Scutzhund with Hawkeye, I just don't have the money for it. The Trainer is Deb Krsnich. Not to mention with their organization Aussies are required to be registered as mix's and I would like Hawkeye to reflect his breed in any activities I do with him.
I think that is silly. Did you ever see the Jack Russell that did Schutzhund? He did very very well at it too. It was a hoot to watch him doing the holds. That dog took his work very very seriously.

I think docked tails look much better. And since they are done when the dog is a couple of days old, it makes sense...it's the ear cropping of other breeds that I don't like. Rots and Boxes MUST have their tails docked...they just don't look right otherwise.
Me too, Me too! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love that first pic with the german shepard.But my fave is the 4mnth old rottie.I love the tail intact, just makes for a friendlier looking dog, thus helping that evil stigma they have.But I guess that defeats the purpose of shutzhund training doesnt it...I wish they had left Sashas tail on, they didnt dock it right anyways.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Was this just a practice, or some sort of test? I am surprised that almost all of the dogs have prong collars on. However, I am not well versed in Shutzhund.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.