Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any Mini Schnauzer with bumps on their back?
One of my dogs has a little bump on her back. If it gets any bigger I will take her to the vet. Its been there about a month. Looks kind of dry and a couple of small bumps in the same location>on her back near her left hind leg. I've read it can be in their diet, or it is hereditary. I have 2 dogs and they eat the same food(right now Wellness Core),they are sisters and the other one doesn't have any bumps. I thought it might be a bite mark at first cause they sometimes play kinda rough, never drawing any blood though. I started putting some neosporin on it tonight, to see if that changes anything. They get bathed about every 2 weeks. David

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I know someone with schnauzers and they have it too...she's taking them to the vet soon, as I was the first one to find it.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Elsa had Comdone Syndrome pretty bad at times. Since switching over to a homemade diet the bumps have completely vanished. Anecdotal? Coincidence? I don't know but that's been my experience.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Some people find that removing old dead hair from the follicles keeps them cleared out and the bumps are better. Make sure your groomer 'cards' the coat after clipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts