Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems we have encountered a problem. Since our dogs have been pups, we have taken them places to socialize them and let them meet and play with nice dogs we know.
I guess it didn't strike me till lately that pretty much everyone we know with dogs has girl dogs. My niece got a little brussells griffin pup and brought him over and Ziva flipped out. She is always easy going and playful.we thought it was maybe Bc he was very tiny that it freaked her out. But yesterday my mom invited my family including the dogs over for a cook out. Her boyfriend has a very lonely little Chi who was very excited to play with my dogs. He is neutered but did kinda try to get up in her business a couple times. Other than that he was nice and just wanted to play.she was flat out mean.growling nipping at him. Is she scared? Or just doesn't like boy dogs? I am not quite sure what to do. Neither of my dogs have ever acted like this before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Its hard to say based on your description. It sure could be a problem with boys, but also it could be jealousy, inappropriate behavior or something else. I would suggest finding a dog behaviorist, trainer with dog-dog interaction skills, or getting some books on dog body language and figuring out what is being said. I am currently reading "Canine Body Language" by Brenda Aliff. Its a lovely book that is helping understand want is being said, and caused me to make this post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts