Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me I am not the only freak in the box addicted to the Saw series. :p

I wasn't impressed with the first, but I thought it was interesting and tolerable. I thought II was absolutely terrible and so I waited a long time before I finally caved and saw III [haha - pun]. III hooked me and IV came out on my birthday last year! V is 2 days before my birthday this year. :D

I am so excited!!! Anyone else excited?!?!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know if I'm exactly super excited, but I will admit that I will be watching it opening night! My friend and I have a ritual where we've watched all of them together! Hope it ends well!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought IV was great although the cliff-hanger made me go, "Crap, it's over?!"

I can't wait to see what happens when all of those people convene. o_O;;

So much death ... I love horror movies. Lolz!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I personally can't wait! I love the Saw series, and I hope they end it with a bang. Now speaking of saw(s)...

Marcus Nispel, who directed the latest Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies is going to remake Friday the 13th. It's said that he plans to explore the origin of Jason Voorhees kinda like Rob Zombie did with Michael Myers in the Halloween remake. Now this could be a good or bad thing, but regardless he's going to take out all the comical aspects present in the other Ft13 movies and make a "true" horror film. So it should be interesting to say the least!

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
the original saw was the only good one....that isht was played out and overdone by the third one...When you make a sequel it shouldn't be the same stupid movie tricks over and over like those fools and their jaggedy camerawork and plots full of holes.....I love horror but feel like saw is a pretty weak representation of good horror...except for the first because of the was concept tend to fade in strength when stretched over sequels...

Hill have eyes was waaay better....I am veteran horror watcher wwho has never gotten spooked by a meant to be scary flick...and that movie had one scene that literally made me scream in the theater..I was like WOW I actually got scared for a sec...Saw two three and four all made me fall asleep in the theater....I refuse to see Five.

Just my two cents..:D

·
Registered
926 Posts
I just saw my first Saw movie about 2 months ago - it was really creepy good. My husband hates scary movies so i just bought it and brought it home. Last month I saw the second one. Not bad - first one definately better. Going to buy SAW III. I din't know another one was coming. Cool.

So, you are not the only freak out there! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I just saw the fourth one, and it's just the same old tricks played over and over...they need new ones...Lol! You just know what's coming already...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I loved the first one, it was original and awesome, but after that they just went downhill. The second one's good, but I didn't like the third or fourth. They're still fun to watch though just to see the random, messed up ways they come up with to kill more people.

I love horror movies, but I've never actually been scared by any. Except for maybe IT. I still hate clowns.

And just a warning...if anyone sees the horror movie Five Across the Eyes in a movie store and you're thinking about renting it...Don't. Just don't. It's probably the worst movie ever made. I feel stupider for having watched it and it's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. You have been warned. :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And just a warning...if anyone sees the horror movie Five Across the Eyes in a movie store and you're thinking about renting it...Don't. Just don't. It's probably the worst movie ever made. I feel stupider for having watched it and it's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. You have been warned. :D
Another waste is Strangeland.

A friend had told me it was the scariest movie she had ever seen in her life and nothing would ever top it. :rolleyes:

Lame.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Strangeland is the one with the guy with the piercings and bad haircut, right? Where he sewed people's mouth shuts and pierced them and whatnot? That movie just gave a bad name to body mod people everywhere.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Strangeland is the one with the guy with the piercings and bad haircut, right? Where he sewed people's mouth shuts and pierced them and whatnot? That movie just gave a bad name to body mod people everywhere.
Yeah. That guy.

I watched it with a bunch of friends and our favorite scene was when he was hanging from some contraption in an attempt at suicide and they wake him up or something and he goes, "Why am I not in the dark abyss?!" Lolz!

It made me want to stab the people that wrote the screenplay for that stupid movie.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Strangeland sucked bad. it could have been a good one...the story idea was pretty good but the movie itself was poorly executed and poorly casted.

Five across the eyes was pretty pukeworthy as well....

and if you ever come across a movie called Cannibal Holocaust

DO NOT WATCH IT.

they kill animals for real in it. :mad:

Something I would recommend is any of Dario Argento's flicks...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd heard about the Cannibal Holocaust movie and I refuse to watch it. Shew, I can talk about horror movies all day. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the Jason remake or not. Is it just me or does anyone else think they need to stop ripping off classics and come up with some original ideas?

I know if they ever try to remake Nightmare on Elm Street I'm going to flip out and write really nasty letters or something.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never watch the remakes. I have seen the classics and already know I'm not going to have any appreciation for the remade versions.

I really like Rob Zombies directing, too. I still didn't watch his remake.

·
Registered
332 Posts
See, I loved Devil's Rejects, but I really couldn't stand House of 1000 Corpses. But, that's just me it would seem.

Did you guys watch any of the "8 Films to Die For" collection? I watched all of the first batch, but haven't watched any of the second.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I never watch the remakes. I have seen the classics and already know I'm not going to have any appreciation for the remade versions.

I really like Rob Zombies directing, too. I still didn't watch his remake.
I ask that you reconsider. Halloween is really 2 movies in 1. The first hour focuses on Michael's childhood, and the second hour is the actual remake.

THAT'S DEE SNIDER FROM TWISTED SISTER LOLOLOL!!! However, I must agree with you... That movie was complete s#@t!

I do however have a confession... *gets a running head start* I still listen to Twisted Sister from time to time!

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
[hijack] Just curious...Ender...are you Ender like Ender Wiggin?[/hijack]

Remakes are usually bad...the hills have Eyes as stated before is an exception IMO.

The Jason Remakes don't interest me in the slightest...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts